Intellectual Property, Data Privacy, & Security
Our attorneys assist clients in a vast array of industries to obtain, secure, enforce and defend intellectual property rights. Our attorneys are equipped with the knowledge and expertise necessary to represent a diverse client base with their intellectual property needs, including patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret matters. We also assess clients’ current and prospective intellectual property portfolios to highlight potential exposures, and we work together to strategize the most efficient and effective way to protect their assets going forward.
Our goal is to provide a working partnership with our clients based on regular dialogue and exchange of ideas. This allows our attorneys to stay current on the evolving nature of our clients’ businesses and, as a result, to provide them with the best possible representation when it is needed most.
We counsel clients of all sizes in the best practices and strategies to protect their information, as well as the information they handle for others, from unlawful access or disclosure. Having competently drafted contracts and consistently enforced handling procedures helps prevent the damage and liability resulting from a data breach. Additionally, we counsel our clients on insurance policies related to coverage for data and related breaches to further insulate our clients from exposure. We work with our clients to understand their business operations and create a system for data security that fits easily into their operations.
Some of our common Intellectual Property, Data Privacy, & Security services include:
- Trademark procurement
- Copyright procurement
- Intellectual property litigation
- Trade secret counseling, advisement, and enforcement
- Licensing Agreements
- Intellectual property ownership strategies
- Intellectual property audits
- Intellectual property compliance monitoring and enforcement
- Contract drafting for handling of PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Compliance with Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Compliance with Health Insurance Portability and
- Accountability Act
- Compliance with state laws related to private and protectable information
- Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – EU) and other federal laws