Rice Pugatch Robinson Storfer & Cohen, PLLC has a history of serving as legal counsel to start-ups, many of which today are successful, established businesses. We work with clients from initial formation, through the various phases of growth, to maturity and success. Whether that path leads to an institutional financing, the sale of the business, or continued operation as a profitable, mature company, we have the experience to help.
Entrepreneurs’ legal needs are diverse, and we have developed our practice to match those needs – for instance, by providing advice on:
- Evaluating and selecting the legal entity type (LLC, corporation, partnership, S corporation) based on the company’s long term goals, the tax implications, and the needs of the founders and investors;
- Preparing governing documents such as the LLC operating agreement or shareholder agreement;
- Employment agreements and incentive compensation plans, such as stock option or restricted stock plans;
- Contract negotiations with vendors and other parties;
- Consulting and independent contractor agreements;
- Securing and structuring financing through private placements with angel investors, venture capitalists, or private equity funds, or through loans from traditional lenders;
- Acquiring additional businesses;
- Selling the business or bringing in other investors to provide the entrepreneur liquidity.
In addition, we provide advice to our entrepreneurial clients on a wide range of operational matters, such as intellectual property matters, and agreements for distribution, marketing, purchasing, selling, and leasing.