Richelle B. Levy is a senior attorney with the firm and has been practicing for over 20 years. She graduated from the University Of Miami School Of Law, cum laude and has worked in New York and New Orleans before settling in South Florida. She has extensive experience in representing both private and governmental pension plans and employee benefit plans. Her primary focus for the last ten years has been the representation of governmental pension funds and public employee benefit plans. Ms. Levy is a member of the Florida Bar, and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and is an inactive member of the New York and Louisiana Bar. She is a member of the Florida Bar’s Sections on Labor and Employment Law, Healthcare Law, and Local Government Law.
Ms. Levy grew up in Hollywood, Florida and has been married for 23 years to attorney, David Rash, with whom she has two children. She is a dedicated member and has recently be named Program Manager of the Weston Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). She regularly teaches training classes and conducts workshops in volunteer first aid and response for CERT. She has co-authored “Chapter Money in Florida: Everything that You Had Learned ‘Appears to be Inaccurate,’ and Probably Will Be Again” which appeared in the FPPTA publication Retirement Security, A Good Investment under Florida’s Legal & Legislative Issues, Spring 2014. Ms. Levy is also CPPT certified through the FPPTA and has spoken at the Trustee School.
- Pension and Employee Benefits
- Labor and Employment
- Florida Bar, 1993
- New York Bar (inactive)
- Louisiana Bar (inactive)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- University of Miami, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
- University of Miami, Bachelor of Arts, Sociology
PROFESSIONAL OR TRADE AFFILIATIONS:
- Certified Public Pension Trustees, Florida Public Pension Trustee Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Broward County Association of Women Lawyers
- Florida Bar Section on Healthcare Law
- Florida Bar Section on Government Law
- Florida Bar Section on Labor and Employment
- Chapter Money in Florida: Everything that You Had Learned ‘Appears to be Inaccurate,’ and Probably Will Be Again” Retirement Security, A Good Investment, FPPTA Florida’s Legal & Legislative Issues, Spring 2014.
- Florida Chapter 112, Florida Public Pension Trustees Association, 2017
- Community Emergency Response Team, Weston, 2014- Present; Currently holding position of Program Manager